Welcome to the Official Blog of the Student President of the Interfaith Student Association.

Click here to see the official website of Utah Valley Interfaith

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kicking Things Off

To begin something new is thrilling in the extreme. I don't know if blogging will impress very many as something "new" or "thrilling," but it certainly is to me...and to a great many people who are involved in this project.

I thought to begin things, it would be good to give a background for what this is.

Linda Walton, acting currently as the Chaplain for Utah Valley University, has recently asked me to act as the President of the Interfaith Student Association. I feel like this is less of an appointment to a title and more of a request to work for free! Despite that, I'd like to say that I am thrilled to be asked, and to me it is privilege and an extremely high honor. The mission of the Interfaith Student Association is extremely important to me, personally, and so, since that is the main reason I have accepted her offer, it is on that subject that I would like to write.

The mission of the Interfaith Student Association (up to this point) has been to provide a haven for those who wish to practice their religion, provide assistance for those who are seeking to find the truth, and to provide information so that they can find worship centers of their chosen faith-based group. To put a very strong point on it, we in the Interfaith Student Association, with all of the support given by any of those connected with us, stand against any and all influences that threaten, hamper, or discourage humanity's inate right to choose to worship and to believe as they see fit. We will always stand for Religious Liberty and any that find themselves in need of a friend in that fight can look to us.

Also, I would like to post the cardinal value of the Interfaith Student Association, in hopes that all who read this will catch the vision.

"From Tolerance to Love" has been one of the cardinal values of the Interfaith Student Association, and it is the one that has most strongly motivated me to stand for the Interfaith Student Association. And that is the value that has motivated the creation and naming of this blog. It is that hope that most strongly fills me with passionate feelings for the success of this organization.

To the extent that we are successful in building Love from the bare bones of Tolerance, I will count this effort a monumental success. Some of our pointed efforts towards building love from tolerance include: Religious Liberty, Mutual Understanding, Serving Each Other, Respecting and Valuing the Noble Characteristics of the Soul each doctrine promotes, and Interfaith Socials.

More to come soon. I can be reached at president.isa.uvu@gmail.com.

Curtis Jensen
President - Interfaith Student Association
PR Club President
Communications Department Student Rep.

No comments: